Wednesday, September 30, 2009

OP report

Many of our family and friends have asked how Octimus Prime is doing. He's doing great! He's making friends, going to preschool, and doing very well. I thought I'd share a couple of OP stories with you...

This past Sunday was the Primary Program in our ward. His class was front and center, and he put on a great show. He pulled funny faces, covered his ears when the music was playing, didn't sing any of the songs, stood up when he was supposed to be sitting, and sat down when he was supposed to be standing. He even recruited his buddies next to him to join in the merry-making. He wasn't talking, in fact, I don't think he said a single word. He knew if he kept quiet, we couldn't get mad at him for being loud. When he stood up at the podium, he made the most of his five seconds and grabbed the mic with both hands. Everyone in the whole church could hear his part, which was "I obey my parents by picking up my toys and keeping my room clean." I couldn't help but laugh through most of the program, hiding my face so he wouldn't see me. Chris and I did our best to give him the evil eye and use hand signals to convey obedience. Didn't work. MY kid was the one that the primary teachers were probably cursing.



Yesterday was brutal! Octimus had a lot of trouble listening, obeying, and just being good in general. I had to turn into mean mom several times, and Swifthand even made an appearance. What did he do? You name it, he did it. About the only thing he didn't do was lay a hand on Banana, which would have sealed his fate. By the time Chris got home from work, he was sitting in the middle of his bedroom on the floor (wasn't allowed to touch the walls, bed, anything), in his pajamas, and all the toys had been taken from his room. We did let him eat and then sent him back to his room, which was lights out before 7pm. It was such a tough day that I had to bust out my Christmas music to help me feel better and change the mood of my home.


Today has been much, much better! Here is my disclaimer - we really LOVE each of our kids, and they are special and unique in their own way. Today they were trying on their Halloween costumes, and here is Octimus in his Bumblebee costume (thanks Matt & Kelli!), all ready to go get candy for mom and dad!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! :)
That little stinker was being NAUGHTY! Ha! This is why we can wait a very long time for kids...
Love the costume on him. What are the girls going to be?

Holly said...

That kid is naughty but FUNNY! I would have loved to see him during the Primary Program.... I'm sure others were laughing right along with you.

Anonymous said...

He SOOOOO gets his naughtiness from Chris's side of the family.

hugs, sandy