Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yummy!

You know how much I love to bake! I found this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cake, and I made it last night. We loved it! It was like upside-down pumpkin pie. If you love pumpkin, try this recipe.

Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 large can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 dry yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 c. melted butter

Mix all ingredients (except cake mix, nuts, butter) and pour into a greased 9x13 cake pan. Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin batter. Sprinkle walnuts over cake mix. Drizzle butter over all. Bake at 350 for 1 hour - no longer. Serve warm or cold with whip cream.

Notes from this tasty cooking experience:
*I didn't have enough ginger so I used pumpkin pie spice.
*My whole house smelled so delicious, we could harldy wait to try it.
*I left nuts off a third of the cake because my kids were whining about having nuts on it.
*We had a piece 45 minutes after it came out of the oven and it was still piping hot.
*After we were done, I stuck it in the fridge last night, and it was just as yummy cold (I had a piece for lunch) as it was hot. The topping had hardened a bit, which made it extra crunchy.

All of us loved this new spin on pumpkin pie. The nut topping is so yummy! I found the recipe in the South Jordan ward cookbook, and it's a recipe by Wendy Calder. Happy baking!


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I have that same recipe. I love it too. I hope all is going well with you guys. I love you!!